December 23, 2009

A Memorable Quote - Dec 09'

Greetings everyone!

I just wanted to share this brief quote that I read during a recent study. I'm sure it will be a blessing to you as it was to me.

Lewis S. Chafer (1871-1952) - the renowned evangelist, bible teacher, and founder of the Dallas Theological Seminary (originally Evangelical Theological College) once wrote:

"When led of the Spirit, the child of God must be as ready to wait as to go, and as prepared to be silent as to speak."

Scripture ref. Romans 8:14

Be sure to post your comments!
DSW

5 comments:

  1. Now I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harold A. M. Dédé, IIIDecember 24, 2009 at 12:34 PM

    I agree fully, my friend. In this modern world, we are always so impatient and see God as only acting through visible action. We forget that he is also present in the quiet reflective moments. My prayer is that we can cultivate a sense of this contemplative prayer. The prayer that requires no words and the following of the Holy Spirit that doesn't require visible action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good Quote

    From Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading 'WORDTime Exposure'. Your comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated.