January 18, 2010

Memorable Quote - Jan 2010

Greetings everyone,

It is great to be in the year of our Lord 2010. God has been so gracious toward us. Surpassing our full comprehension: He alone is truly awesome! Therefore, as the following quote reminds us, we cannot lose out by diligently serving Him.

It was the renowned bible teacher, writer, and pastor Harry A. Ironside (1876-1951) who once wrote:

"No one ever lost out by excessive devotion to Christ."

Some related Scriptures are:
Mark 10:28-30
- Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, but shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Psalm 119:2 - Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with their whole heart.

Mark 12:30 - And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Be encouraged today to renew your commitment and dedication to the Lord. The body of Christ and world at-large needs to experience the gifting of God within you!


DSW

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Draper, for taking the time to share this vital word of encouragement. We live in a world where people routinely ask, "What's in it for me?" and businesses measure ROI on EVERYTHING...But I'm always invigorated when I think of how I can't afford to be slack in my devotion to our King. Losing is not even an option when we totally give ourselves to the Kingdom and its culture. Be blessed, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really blessed me. That quote from Pastor Ironside, and the key scriptures you included with it, came in due season for me. These past few weeks I have been around people at my job and school that do not imitate christ... "at all"...and I know for sure I am definitely that light to show them Jesus Christ. In the midst of it all, like the scripture validated, I have many persecutions for devoting my heart to God. But our Faithful God promised that all is well! Outstanding post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading 'WORDTime Exposure'. Your comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated.